Saturday, April 07, 2012

MAC Cosmetics: Viva Glam I

Hello darlings! I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend.



Having recently watched Mirror Mirror, it made me wonder if we got our concept of beauty from Snow White. She was said to be the fairest in the land because her skin was white as snow and lips red as blood. Thus, we girls love to put on our reddest lipsticks and men find them quite alluring.

My family and all the people close to me know my appreciation for lipsticks. All one needs to know about it are the 3 basic colors: pink, nude, and red. You can leave your entire face bare ( meaning, a clean face with just the regular sunblock and simple concealer ) and look normal but when you dab on a bit of lipstick, BAMM! INSTANT GLAM! 

I'll start my make up review with one of my favorite lipsticks, Viva Glam I. 


What Mac Cosmetics says about it : In 1994, M·A·C introduced VIVA GLAM I, an outspoken deep red that was universal in appeal and glamour.


W/O FLASH                                                                                W/ FLASH

What color is it : Intense brownish blue-red


My lips are actually pigmented so sheer colored lipsticks do not show well on my lips.


Price: $14 ( If you buy it in US ) and P900 ( If you get it from Rustan's )

What I think about it: This is definitely the universal red color. Since it is not bright like Russian Red or Ruby Woo, every girl of different skin tone can wear it. Another thing that I love about this lipstick is, it is blue based, meaning the color whitens the teeth.

How to use it:  Viva Glam I is matte so its very drying. Before using, I suggest to brush your lips with soft bristled toothbrush and water. After, put a little lip balm, wipe the excess, and apply the lipstick using a lip brush. The color will last up to 4 hours depending if you eat or drink.

Will I repurchase this: Definitely yes.

Have A Lovely Day!



8 comments:

  1. omg! i waaaant! now i don't know which of the 3 i should get. Russian Red, Ruby Woo or this?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My suggestion is just go to the mac store and try them one by one. Choose which suits you. i have ruby woo but i still prefer viva glam I.

      Delete
  2. You look so so so good in red lipstick. I'm myself a fan of colourful lipsticks, but you look really awesome in it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YEHEY!!! Thanks Kasia! <3 Please post more of that in your blog!

      Delete
  3. complements your translucent skin tone! (:
    by the way, you're so pretty! (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barb B. Cue! If I dont put make up, I look sickly pale. lol. I cant seem to find you blog? Your name links to a twitter account?

      Delete
  4. This colour is so beautiful on you :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog. I want to know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...